WUFT Parking Directions
(Located on the University of Florida campus)
From University Avenue, turn onto North/South Drive (headed South). North/South Drive runs between the Stephen C. O'Connell Center and Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. If you are visiting during the weekdays, you need to first obtain a visitor's permit from the UF parking booth which is located on Stadium Road directly after the Eastbound turn off of North/South Drive (see "Campus Notes" below). Then return to the O'Connell Center parking lot.
Once parked, walk to the light at the corner of North/South Drive and Stadium Road, turn left, and travel along the sidewalk in front of the South End Zone of the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Walk until you reach the Florida Gym. (At the bottom of the hill, look for the crosswalk painted on Stadium Road). Cross Stadium Road. Proceed up the sidewalk to Weimer Hall. You will pass a University of Florida sign "College of Journalism and Communications". Weimer Hall also has a large white satellite dish on top. Enter the first glass doors on your right. Once inside you are on the first floor of the building.
Or from Archer Road, turn left onto North/South Drive (headed North). The second light is Museum Road, turn right (headed East). Park in the lot across from the J. Wayne Reitz Union (located between "Observatory" and Center Drive). (During weekdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., obtain a parking permit from the parking booth located at North/South Drive and Stadium Road. See "Campus Notes" below). Once parked, cross Museum Road at the nearest crosswalk. Walk through the Reitz Union (headed North) and take sidewalk towards Weimer Hall (located directly North of the Reitz Union's breezeway). The South wall of Weimer Hall has the words "College of Journalism and Communications" "WUFT-TV/FM" "WRUF AM/FM" in metals letters. Enter Weimer's gated entrance, walk straight through the atrium. Exit the atrium following the main sidewalk (towards Stadium Road). Enter the last glass doors of Weimer Hall (on the left). Once inside you are on the first floor of the building.
Event signs will be posted directing you to the appropriate destination within the building. During normal business hours, the receptionist can also assist you.
1. With a parking permit, you may park in any spaces that are not visibly marked reserved for State Vehicles, Carpool (marked with purple on pavement) or otherwise include the words "Tow Away" on the sign.
2. If visiting on weekends or after 5 p.m. on weekdays, a campus parking permit is not required. However, enforcements are still valid for restricted parking spaces (see # 1 above).
3. Handicapped spaces are available closer to Weimer Hall -- call the WUFT operator at 392-5551 for more details.
4. The metered spaces do not require a permit, but have to be fed with the appropriate amount for the time allotted to avoid a ticket.
5. Campus-wide speed limit is 20 MPH.
UF CAMPUS MAP